Re: Mouse, please help

Hi,

>Hello,
>I have a problem with the mouse. After the installation finished,
>and i startx there is no mouse. I see an "x" in the middle of the
>screen.
>  <snip>

I recently installed Debian too.

What kind of mouse do you have? If you have a ps/2 mouse like I do
then perhaps this will help:

1) When you go through the installation steps, make sure you install
the psaux mouse driver under the "misc" menu when you are configuring
drivers for the kernel.

2) When you run the XF86Setup you can use the tab key to bounce around
the menus. Make sure you pick a PS/2 mouse and then you must use
the /dev/psaux as your mouse device. Tab over to the "apply" button
and hit enter. Your mouse should work then.

3) After installation I made sure my /dev/mouse symbolic link was
pointing to /dev/psaux in case some application needs it.

Good luck,

Brian