One for you Fetchmail experts out there

Configuration #1
----------
On the Windows platform (and presumably Mac, but I don't know
first-hand), I can configure Eudora Pro Email to leave the mail
on the server whenever I check mail. This gives me two copies of
the mail messages; one on the server, and one on my local client.

This is no problem; fetchmail on Linux can do the same thing with
the -k option.

Configuration #2
----------
I can further configure Eudora to delete read mail off the server
after X days. After X days has transpired, the next time Eudora
check the mail it deletes any messages older than X days off of
the server (I assume this is based on the server's marking of the
messages as having been "seen" or "read").

I don't know of any way to get fetchmail to do this.

Configuration #3
----------
I can further configure Eudora to delete read mail if I have
deleted that mail from the local trash box.

I don't know of any way to get fetchmail to do this either.

Wrap-up
----------
The result of Eudora with the first configuration option is that
I can check my mail in the office, then go home and check it
again, and I get the same messages.

By using the second option, older mail gets deleted off the
server so it doesn't stack up forever eating server space.

By using the third option, I get the benefit of the first option,
but have the option to delete the message from my office box and
then empty the trash and then check my mail once more, which
prevents getting that deleted message at home, because it has
been removed from the server.

Can any of you fetchmail (or other solution) gurus explain how I
can get the same functionality on Linux?

Thanks!