Re: One for you Fetchmail experts out there

On Nov 16, Kent West wrote:
> Configuration #2
> ----------
> I can further configure Eudora to delete read mail off the server
> after X days. After X days has transpired, the next time Eudora
> check the mail it deletes any messages older than X days off of
> the server (I assume this is based on the server's marking of the
> messages as having been "seen" or "read").
>
> I don't know of any way to get fetchmail to do this.

Nor I... the only solution that comes to mind which doesn't involve
programming something yourself is to switch to Mutt and drop fetchmail.
Mutt doesn't support the options you seek directly, but it would allow
you to set up macros that would do it for you.  The action of opening
the folder in question can be hooked to trigger the macro, so it would
happen automatically.  If you're willing to contemplate changing
mailreaders I'll show you how to do it.

> Configuration #3
> I can further configure Eudora to delete read mail if I have
> deleted that mail from the local trash box.
>
> I don't know of any way to get fetchmail to do this either.

This would be trickier I think.  Can you describe the mechanism in more
detail (that is, the sequence of events leading up to mail being deleted
on the server)?