Re: Gnome panel and Enlightenment

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 02:15:31PM +0000, Pedro Sanchez wrote:

> I have two virtual desktops defined in enlightenment but when I launch
> the gnome panel it only shows up on one of them. How do I get the panel
> to show up in every virtual desktop?

Presuming you're running panel from .xsession or .xinitrc, you
need to delay for 3 to 5 seconds before actually launching the
panel. Otherwise, panel is loaded before enlightenment, and can't
register as being `sticky'.

I have in my .xsession file:

Eterm &
mypanel &
enlightenment

and in /usr/local/bin/mypanel:

#!/bin/sh

sleep 5
panel &

and it now works fine for me.

This may be a bug, I'm not sure. Apparently it's an enlightenment
problem rather than a gnome-panel one, though.

HTH, HAND,
--
alisdair mcdiarmid                            alisdair@wasters.org
[funny how everything i swore i wouldn't change, is different now]