Re: the gimp?

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 09:58:36PM -0500, Rob Mahurin wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 01:36:26PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:

> > > They are entitled to if it's gpl software but it would
> > > be rude and inconsiderate. What about 'debian-gimp-lite'?
> >
> > Why does Debian have to be in there? Why not just `gimp-lite'?
> >

> Why not just preach?  'gimp-libre'?

Actually this is probably the best idea.  Every package that has a
`non-free' variant and a free one could have the free package named
..-free.  This guarantees the user on the one hand that the contents of
the package is free, and also provides a hint that there are non-free
additions, for those that may need them.

Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology