Re: Proper place for IPCHAINS rules

BEWARE:

Follow the instructions in IPCHAINS HOWTO... BUT the HOWTO contains
SEVERE flaws!!!

Create a script to setup ipchains and run it early in the bootup procedure.
I have a script called 'ipchains' in /etc/init.d and made a symbolic link
called 'S39ipchains' to '/etc/init.d/ipchains' in the
'/etc/rcS.d' directory. This way the script will be run before S40network
(sets the ethernet interfaces). It's better not to make a link in rc6.d
for shutdown... let the firewall die with the kernel ;-)

PS: the script in IPCHAINS HOWTO is flawed too...

Regards,

Onno