Re: Shuffling drives

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Dave Sherohman wrote:

> of uptime, you tend to suspect that dual-boot isn't needed) and considering
> swapping the drives so the system is booting Linux from /dev/hda.

Why do you want to do that?  Just leave the kernel on /dev/hdb and use
your new space on /dev/hda for home directories, /usr/local, a potato
install, or something.  Your kernel won't be upset if it stays on
/dev/hdb.

> If I'm just changing the jumpers on the drives and not moving Linux to
> a different physical drive, should I be OK with just updating LILO and
> fstab to reflect the change?  Or are there other places that will need
> to be updated as well?

It should work, but you will have to boot off a floppy disk to redo
lilo.conf and LILO.  Just leave it alone. :}