Re: Exim PPP localhost and me

Dave,

As of now, those are the settings in my exim.conf file, so unfortunately
that does not solve the problem-- any other ideas? I have tried using mail
and pine to send the messages, and both to no avail. As an aside, the conf
file has the following in its rewrite section:

# These rewriters make sure the mail messages appear to have originated
# from the real mail-reading host.

^(?i)(root|postmaster|mailer-daemon)@caliban ${1}@in.limbo Ffr
*@caliban ${1}@uriel.net Ffr
*@in.limbo oberon@caliban Ffr

However, I do not understand what the in.limbo is for; but even so, I do
not think it has to do with my problem, does it?

All out of ideas,
~Matt

========= Dave Sherohman  wrote:================================

Although there are other things that could be wrong, check that these
three
settings are correct in /etc/exim.conf:

qualify_domain = remotehost.com
  (Substitute your ISP for remotehost.com)

qualify_recipient = localhost
  (You should be OK substituting your machine's name here, but I suggest
  leaving it as "localhost" so that if you just send mail to "user"
without
  specifying a hostname, exim won't convert it to "user@remotehost.com".)

local_domains = localhost:mymachine
  (If remotehost.com is included here, sending mail to other users of your
  ISP is problematic, as they're recognized as being local accounts.  If
you
  have multiple boxen on your end, make this
  local_domains = localhost:mymachine:myothermachine:...)