Re: sound card

> hello everybody:
>
> i had installed a PINE Schubert 3D 16 Bit ISA PnP sound card, which has
> a CS4235 chip, i am using a 2.2.1 kernel
>
> i get the following /dev/sndstat:

[snip]

> it seems to me that the card is not recognized

[snip]

> how can i get my sound working?

Specifically what problem are you having with your sound?  It looks like
the card is recognized perfecly, judging by the fact that `cat
/dev/sndstat` works (the driver loads), and that the card is properly
configured by isapnpconf (a prerequisite for the driver loading).

The first thing I would suggest would be to adjust the mixer settings
(especially the volume) with something like the package 'gom'.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein