audio cdrom broken in 2.2 kernels???

I think I must be missing something incredibly obvious here.  My cdrom
won't play audio CDs under the 2.2 series kernel; I get kernel errors
output like the attached.  I can mount data CDs just fine.  I just
checked my old 2.0.34 kernel, and it played audio and mounted data
both.

I built a 2.2.13 kernel last night and tried it just now; no change.
I'm back in 2.2.9 because I apparently forgot to put bootp in the .13
(moron).

The CD-ROM is vanilla ATAPI-IDE, factory installed, never given me
problems before.  Any help is appreciated.

Rob

--
Most people are too busy to have time for anything important.