Re: /dev/audio

*- On  8 Nov, Brian Schramm wrote about "/dev/audio"
> I have a problem with my speekers.  They are in my monitor and every time
> I turn off my monitor they adjust the volume down to a point that is not
> herable.  Is there a way that I can set up my profile or login script to
> adjust the volume to make it usable?

Look into the gom package.  It is a command line/ncurses based mixer
that supports a config file for easy storing of defaults, etc.  The
debian package comes with a bootup script and the program called
gomconfig that allows you to restore the mixer settings on bootup.  Of
course each user can have their own settings as well.

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.