Re: Lynx and .deb

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Todd Suess wrote:

> I am actually trying to download the debs from the pine 4.20
> web page.  No matter how I try to download them, using http,
> they come out as corrupt when dpkg tries to install them.
>
> They are not available via ftp from the web site in question,
> and even using my windows machine I can't get them to
> download and moved to my potato box without them being
> corrupt.  I tried to download the tar source, and that worked
> ok, but the web browser whacked the diffs file and it would
> not compile.

Which web page are using?  If http://debianpine.tripod.com, don't
bother.  Use http://members.mint.net/frodo/pine the .debs there are known
to be good.  With netscape you have to right click on the link and select
save as...  If you still have problems let me know.  I am the maintainer
of those .debs.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>