Re: Lynx and .deb

I am actually trying to download the debs from the pine 4.20
web page.  No matter how I try to download them, using http,
they come out as corrupt when dpkg tries to install them.

They are not available via ftp from the web site in question,
and even using my windows machine I can't get them to
download and moved to my potato box without them being
corrupt.  I tried to download the tar source, and that worked
ok, but the web browser whacked the diffs file and it would
not compile.

Any suggestions would be appreiciated.

Todd

At 10:36 AM 11/7/1999 +1100, Brian May wrote:
In article <[🔎] 19991106120902.A4735@cistron.nl> you write:
>True, but not really relevant. The MIME type returned by the server
>determines if the client sees the deb as text or not. Contact the server
>admins and have them add entries to mime.types.

Only applies if http is used.

If some other protocol (eg ftp) is used (possibly via http proxy), the
server cannot return a MIME type. I don't know how good programs (eg
Lynx and Squid) are at determining the file type by the extension.

Unfortunately, the original poster failed to specify how the file is
downloaded.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>