Re: Does anyone use ZIP disks to backup/restore their system? How?

Hi,

   I do not understand everything in the MSPLIT description, but
I am certainly willing to play around with it.  I'm surprised at
the few responses I got about my question.  I assumed lots of people
would be using ZIP disks for a backups/restores.

   This leads me to ask if most people just backup their important
files on linux, and if they lose their system, they reinstall from
scratch, then restore just their important (user modified) files?

   This is how I always worked on Windows 95.  If I had a builtin
CDROM, and linux was easier to install I might opt for this, but
on my Thinkpad 560, it took me 4-5 hours to get everything back.

   I still don't understand why I trashed my hard disk areas outside
of the /dev/hda5 partition, when trying to use cpio directly to try
to restore from the KBackup-Arc.arc files on my ZIP disks, that
multibuf and afio had problems with.