Re: Are you having trouble downloading my pine .debs?

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, David Weinehall wrote:

> Just one question: aren't you violating the license by doing this?

Probably :-) I don't know really.  Other distributions are doing it and
there doesn't seem to be a problem.  Debian is probably just being
extra-anal about the whole thing but hey that's the Debian we know and
love.

> Could
> you at least contact the Pine-people and ask if it's ok,

I think Piotr Roszatycki said he was in the process of doing this.

> and if so, if
> they could consider make their License easier to understand (and if it
> isn't free by Debian demands, it'd be nice if they'd change this, of
> course...)

Several Debian people have tried to do this in the past but the pine
people  don't seem too willing to listen.  Maybe this time around things
will be different.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>