Re: Are you having trouble downloading my pine .debs?

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> I've received svral reports that the pine 4.20 .debs I've put on
> http://debianpine.tripod.com are corrupt.  Have you had this problem?  Hav
> you successfully bean able to install them? In either case can you let me
> know which Os, browser, and dpkg version (dpkg --version will tell you you
> used.)  I've checked the files and they appear to be ok but tripod may be
> doing funky things with the MIME type.
>
> If anyone would like to donate a couple of megs on a well-connected server
> somewhere, that would be nice (No more pesky popups!)

Jaldhar

Using Lynx, ar -t said 'unrecoginzed file format' but with netscape
I was able to fetch files that ar -t doesn't reject. I'll install
them this weekend to see.  I don't want to attempt to install and
have the current (working) version clobbered. So would you post md5
sums?  Then we could be certain the downloaded version is OK.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.