Re: Gpm in notebook (psaux)

Ribamar FS (ribafs@fortalnet.com.br) wrote:

> I installed Debian 2.1 in a notebook (P120, Fujitsu) and he left the
> mouse in ttyS0 (here it is in psaux).

/dev/psaux is for a PS/2 mouse (it has a small, round connector).

/dev/ttyS0 is the first serial port, and is for a serial mouse (either
a 9-pin or a 25-pin connector).

(Sorry if you already knew this.  Your English is a little bit
confusing....)

> I edit /etc/gpm.conf and I change
> for psaux, but I continue without could use the mouse in it console.
> In the XF86Setup the mouse does already work well, but should where
> configure to use the gpm in it console him?

After editing /etc/gpm.conf, run this:

  /etc/init.d/gpm restart

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@kellnet.com             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers,