Re: [Debian: XFree86] Linux shut down the VGA-Output

Hi,

On Sat, 30 Oct, 1999 à 02:46:23PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello and good afternoon,
>
> I am lost !!!
>
> Please help !!!
>
> Now when I reboot, it waits very lon at a Font-Server and then if the

What does /etc/X11/xfs/config contain ?

> bootprocess continuses, the monitor flash 2 times and then they go in
> Stand-By mode and shut down.
>
> Now I can use Ctrl-ALT-Del only.

Have you try CTRL-ALT-F1 to go on the first *text* console ?

> Please can you tell me what is the right Monitor setting and how I
> can go into my installation because I must do it with a boot disk now.

Could it be possible to see the screen section of your
/etc/X11/XF86Config, it would *greatly* simplify diagnostics...
Having the values of HorizSync and VertRefresh lying would be a real
plus too.

--
 ( >-   Laurent PICOULEAU                                      -< )
 /~\       lcrpic@a2points.com                                  /~\