[Debian: XFree86] Linux shut down the VGA-Output

Hello and good afternoon,

I am lost !!!

Please help !!!

I have tried again to install Debian 2.1 but now I have a problem
with the configuration of X and can not do anything.

OK, I have installed the Base and some selected tasks inclusive
XFree86 and fvwm2.

While configuration I have selected the Monitor speed (MAG DX 15 F)
and then my graphic card (miro CRYSTAL 49 sv) which is in the menu
and provided by Linux.

Now when I reboot, it waits very lon at a Font-Server and then if the
bootprocess continuses, the monitor flash 2 times and then they go in
Stand-By mode and shut down.

Now I can use Ctrl-ALT-Del only.

Please can you tell me what is the right Monitor setting and how I
can go into my installation because I must do it with a boot disk now.

Note:   I use only the resolution 1024 x 768 x 16.7M
        The biggest resolution is only used if I use my Hitachi 21"
        and then with 1408 x 1024 x 65k

MAG DX 15 F
===========
 640	x	 480	(256)	51.4 kHz	100.0 Hz