Re: [Debian: XFree86] Linux shut down the VGA-Output

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999 you wrote Michelle Konzack:

> Now when I reboot, it waits very lon at a Font-Server and then if the
> bootprocess continuses, the monitor flash 2 times and then they go in
> Stand-By mode and shut down.

Boot from  debian rescue disk, or a mini-linux distribution, such as tomsrtbt
and mount your /root partition. Disable xdm startup with something like
mv /etc/init.d/xdm /etc/init.d/xdm_startup, or whatever starts your X (kdm,....)

Then reboot to console and use XF86Setup to configure X properly, try
startx -probeonly if not sure which settings will work.

After X is configured properly enable xdm
mv /etc/init.d/xdm_startup  /etc/init.d/xdm

--
Daniel Faller
Fakultaet fur Physik

Tel.: 0761-203-5875