Re: New modules.conf + sound...

I'm not on the debian list at the moment, but have just been searching
the archives. I noticed your messages which looked like they would solve
my (exact same) problem [potato + 2.2.13 + all updates];

--

In article <[🔎] 387866697.940358297417.JavaMail.root@web02.pub01> you wrote:
>/lib/modules/2.2.10/misc/sound.o: invalid parameter parm_io

>After a quick search, I have not yet found where sound.o is handed a parm_io
>parameter (I could just be totally misinterpreting the error).

the parm_io refers to the io=0x220 in your modules options

>alias sound sb
>options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=0 dma16=0 mpu_io=0x330

ahhh.

it seems the new version of modutils now tries to pass io=0x220 directly to
sound.o (which it doesn't directly support)

Try commenting out the alias
  #alias sound sb
and running update-modules, to see if the module loads

--

I removed the alias as suggested, and did "modprobe sound". No errors.
So I did modprobe sb too and, lo and behold, it worked (the sb options

And I'm now left wondering how I should get the sb module loaded
automatically (the proper way) at boot time.

Thanks for the info...

Copied to debian-user in the hope that it'll accept my post...

--
Graham