Re: All mail to all hosts being bounced; why??

On 27 Oct 1999, aphro wrote:

> looks like its just a basic relaying problem.  the mail server your using
> to send  sees you from freserve.co.uk but you're telling it your from
> doctors.org.uk, in which case you gotta probably add doctors.org.uk to the
> database that tells sendmail to allow relays from that domain(for me the
> file is /usr/local/sendmail/domains-allowed-to-relay)  either that or
> change your 'from' to ac@pentelikon.freeserve.co.uk and try again.
>
> nate

I think you were right. I tried comparing the email files that worked in
one machine with those that didn't in the other and found that the only
difference was in the "From:" fields. Changing this immediately made the
mail work.

Thank you for making me check this. I can't believe that it's taken me
two weeks to find something so simple. Numerous expletives deleted.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux - Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: www.pentelikon.co.uk/bookreviews/

"It's no go the Yogi Man, it's no go Blavatsky." - Louis MacNeice