postgresql install problem solved

I have been unable to install postgresql and I did a search for "postgresql"
on Google's Linux search engine and I found a HOWTO which gave a clue about
the problem.  I thought I should remove the user "postgres" from my
/etc/passwd because the HOWTO indicated that the installation should not find
a user "postgres" already in the password file.

I removed that user and it seems that did the trick :)
The HOWTO is for RPM versions but I thought this would apply to Debian
packages also.

--
Andrew

GnuPG Public KeyID: 0x48109681