Re: Mozilla slow?

Richard Weil wrote:

> Have other people found Mozilla M9 -- the one packaged in potato -- to
> be incredibly resource intensive?  I'm using a 3.5 year old laptop with
> a 120 Mhz Pentium, so I've tried to keep my setup simple; no GNOME or
> KDE, just WindowMaker.  But when I run Mozilla my CPU load goes shooting
> up and the whole system bogs down a huge amount.  Obviously, Mozilla
> also runs slowly then as well.  I know Mozilla is alpha, so I was
> wondering if this a Mozilla issue or is the regular Netscape Navigator
> the same (before I download Navigator)?  Thanks.

I compared Netscape and Mozilla using G-top last week and they appeared to use close
to the same memory on my system - 15000k +.

I still use Netscape Communicator for both browsing and email and am happy with it,
but it does use resources.

You might give Gzilla a look. It's a clean simple GUI browser (no email), but it runs
fairly quick and uses about a third of the resources that Netscape or Mozilla does.

John