Mozilla slow?

Have other people found Mozilla M9 -- the one packaged in potato -- to
be incredibly resource intensive?  I'm using a 3.5 year old laptop with
a 120 Mhz Pentium, so I've tried to keep my setup simple; no GNOME or
KDE, just WindowMaker.  But when I run Mozilla my CPU load goes shooting
up and the whole system bogs down a huge amount.  Obviously, Mozilla
also runs slowly then as well.  I know Mozilla is alpha, so I was
wondering if this a Mozilla issue or is the regular Netscape Navigator
the same (before I download Navigator)?  Thanks.

Richard Weil