Re: gimp

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, T.V.Gnanasekaran wrote:

> how do i install new ttf fonts? apart from websites about gimp, is
> there any mailing list dedicated to gimp on which users' discuss on
> tips and tricks etc?

Basically: install the xfstt package, put the fonts you want to use in
/usr/share/fonts/truetype, run a xfstt --sync and tell the xserver where
it can find the font server with xset fp+ unix/:7101 (I have put this line
into the /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0 file (as I use xdm) ... gimp will then
automatically recognice the aditional fonts.

There is a FAQ in /usr/doc/xfstt/ ... for further information

Martin

--
If the box says 'Windows 95 or better', it should run on Linux, right?
                                                               - anonymous

For public PGP-key: finger mfluch@mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de