Re: C programing

Stephan Engelke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 01:30:34PM +0200, Benak Istvan wrote:
> > Someone tell me how can I find a doc about C programing (I downloaded
> > the Programmer's Guide, but I can't programming under C, so I want to
> > learn it!)
> > So I need a doc for lammers!
>
> How 'bout "Kerninghan, Ritchie:  The C Programming Language". Sorry,
> forgot the publisher.
> There's a score of other good, allright, and bad books around.  Check
> your local bookstore.

<cut> <snip>

After spending the last two days trying to convert a C program I wrote some 6 years
ago in microsoft C into linux. I just have to echo this question.

Is there no linux specific/best book that covers gcc and g++.  One that includes all
the standard library calls . I currently have four books on C (not the Kerninghan
book though. I'll have to go look at it) and they're basically worthless. I'm not
sure if it's that they're simply too old or too 'microsoft', but I'd love to find a
book on gcc that would be a simple but complete reference for the occasional C
programer.

O'Reilly are you listening??

John

  ---