Re: ATI Mach64 mouse woes!

[...]
> 	Does any one know what might be happening? I'd be more than happy to
> provide you with further information (file listings and stuff like that).
> The motherboard is a Pentium MMX compatible with PCI and ISA bus and with an
> VXPro+ chipset. I'm using debian slink with XFree 3.5.

Since you're using (trying to use, actually :)) XFree 3.3.5, I would
recommend that you use the XF86_SVGA server from XFree 3.3.3.1.  I can
provide you with the binary to make it easy for you to get it.

The reason I say this is because, at a recent Linux InstallFest, lots of
people had wierd problems with their video cards (They were trying to
install RedHat 6.1) that went away when they installed the XF86_SVGA
binary from a RedHat 6.0 CD, which is from XFree 3.3.3.1.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein