Does the format of the line:

cause problems for anyone else?

I read debian-user mail in Emacs.  When I reply to a message, Emacs makes
a To: line of:

     To: debian-user@lists.debian.org, , recipient list not shown: ;

If I forgot to trim that odd part off the end, when I send the mail, it
fails like this:

Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 14:08:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: <MAILER-DAEMON@xxxxxxxx>
To: daniel
Subject: mail failed, returning to sender
Reference: <m11fS4Y-000cHEC@xxxx>

|------------------------- Message log follows: -------------------------|
 error in header: unknown addressing form
|------------------------- Failed addresses follow: ---------------------|
|------------------------- Message text follows: ------------------------|
From: Daniel Barclay <xxxx>
To: dsb@smart.net, , recipient list not shown: ;
Subject: test
Bcc:

Is the line

legal or not (per the e-mail specifications)?

If it's not legal, could someone please fix the mailing list so that
it uses a legal addressing form?  (I know addresses support comments.)

If that is legal, is my mail server not accepting something it should?

Thanks,
Daniel