ide atapi zipdrive transfer rates

While playing with ide-scsi to get my ide cd writer working, I found out
that the ide-atapi zipdrive works with ide-scsi emulation, even when the
ide floppy driver is not compiled in the kernel or module.

But when I tested the copying speed, I noticed that the transfer rate is
much higher using the ide-scsi emulation than when I use the ide-floppy
driver.

Maybe it's a problem with my ide chipset or something, but with ide-floppy
driver I never managed to get a higher transfer rate than about 10
mb/minute. But with the ide-scsi I get about 45 mb/minute, which is a
lot faster!

So I use ide-scsi for my zipdrive now. But is it just my configuration that
slows the ide-floppy driver to a miserable 10 MB/minute or is this the
normal transfer speed???

And if the last: why isn't the ide-scsi emulation reccomended for ide
zipdrives???

Wouter