Re: automated md5sum checks

> On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 06:25:27PM -0000, Pollywog wrote:
> > Is there an app which can perform md5sum checks of binaries on an automated
> > basis, like once a week or so?  Would doing this just slow down my machine?

I know there is.  Before my hard drive crashed & I reinstalled, I found it
and tried it.  I could swear the program name was debsum, but I can't find
it.

Woohoo... was looking through the list of .debs which I had installed
before the crash...

package is called debsums... "The package also allows comparing the
md5sums in a .deb file with the current installed files by extracting the
md5sums file from the .deb"

I don't remember what I did to check all of the md5sums... might have done
a dpkg -l piped through cut to get all the package names and fed that to
debsums....

          Join the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search
                http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm