Re: Configuring LILO in Debian

On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 09:35:06AM -0500, Bryan K. Walton wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> Debian installation, I wasn't given the option to dual boot.  When my
> machine starts up, I get a "boot:" prompt, but it quickly defaults to
> linux.  If I type in dos, it tells me that I don't have that option and

Hi alone :)

First, you can get "boot:" by hit the ALT key,
second, if it says you don't have a dos option, you didn't create it:

i.e.: I have a Debian and an ugly M$ partition:
in my /etc/lilo.conf, I have those lines (at the end):

delay=30	## 3 seconds to choose

image=/vmlinuz	## point toward the symlink to kernel
    root=/dec/hdc1	## Debian
    label=1
    read-only

other=/dev/hda		## bad bad M$ :)
    label=2

So, when I wanna boot in M$, I hit ALT within the 3 seconds
the word "BOOT:" is on the screen, then it shows me:
BOOT:  1      2
and I hit 2.

Of course, after making any change to /etc/lilo.conf, you must
run lilo... :)

JY
--
Jean-Yves F. Barbier <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>
 Hackers are just a migratory lifeform with a tropism for computers.