Re: Data Aquisition Cards?

On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 10:40:37PM +1000, Alan Eugene Davis wrote:
> A shot in the dark.
> What are people using with temperature sensors, oxygen probes, etc.,
> on linux systems?  Where can I find an IEEE488 card, cheap?
>
> I have been thinking about these things for years, and I have a couple
> hundred bucks to buy some hardware to enhance my science classroom,
> but haven't a clue where to start.  Apple was using the 1eee488 years
> ago.  Why can't I find a simple, cheap PCI ieee488 card?
>
> I apologize, if (as it probably is) this is off-topic...

Hi Alan,

i was also interested in this. I work in a heterogene NT-Cluster with my
linux box and all others of my surrounding us LabView. From this year on,
there is a Linux-Version, that also supports the National Instuments
GPIB-Board. Unfortunately our Framegrabber is not supported, so i shall
switch to Windoze for measurements.
I have heard of a group in Berlin that do measurements under linux with some
GPIB-Board that do not cost  1000$+1000$ for LabView...

Hope it helps,

Ingo

        I. Reimann                       reimann@uni-muenster.de
        Inst. fuer Angew. Physik         +49 251 83-33527 (fon)
        Correnstr. 2-4                   +49 251 83-33513 (fax)
        D-48149 Muenster
	Germany