Re: Netscape 4.7 vs mozilla for a potato machine ?

On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 10:43:51AM +0100, Phillip Deackes wrote:
> I dislike Netscape more and more with each new version. I am using 4.7
> with Potato and find it unstable.
I consider all libc6 versions of netscape broken.

It runs reasonably stable with:
- the libc5 version and the old compatibility xlibs
  (netscape-smotif-47 revision >= 14)
- libXpm.so.4.6 (i.e. an older one than that usually available)
  don't know if it still floating around on the net.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source