CPAN Installed DBI Needs to be removed

I recently discovered the CPAN perl archive and installation system. I
did not realize that Debian renamed the DBI files to libxxxdbi.deb when
incorporating them into the dpkg hierarchy records. So I decided to
install several DBI files from CPAN as they seemed to be updating the
system. It did work, however now I have some debian dependencies that
are not met due to the changes in the locations of the DBI files, (CPAN
told me to remove the old ones). I want to remove the CPAN installed
files and reinstall from Debian. I do not want to screw up anything else
on this system. If anyone has any suggestions about how to do this
correctly please advise.
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems