Re: Good News Reader?

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 10:15:29PM -0500, Eric Gillespie, Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 11:11:37AM +1000,
> Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> wrote:
> > - adequate support for GPG (could be better IMHO).
>
> Why do you think mutt's support of gpg is only adequate? I use it on a
> daily basis with no problems.

See bugs#47833 for instance. This is only minor, but still is inconvenient.

The biggest problem was with selecting a users public key when encrypting
a message. It wouldn't list the user names I wanted to see. I filled
this as bug #39793, but that has since been closed. I assume that
this means the problem should be fixed in potato, but haven't checked.

FYI, this is from the bug report:

[...]
Now it gives me a menu of keys to choose from:
   1 ?  1024/0x59EF33BD RSA  es  Brian May <bam@debian.org>
   2 ?  1024/0x59EF33BD RSA  es  Brian May <bam@debian.org>
   3 ?  1024/0x70148CF9 RSA  es  Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au>

Note: It key 1 and 2 are both the same key. It doesn't display the
2nd UID of this key, which is bam@snoopy.apana.org.au, the desired one.
(Look up my key on the Developers key ring if you are not sure).

PGP would display this instead:
   1 +  1024/0x59EF33BD RSA  es  Brian May <bam@debian.org>
   2 +  1024/0x59EF33BD RSA  es  Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>
   3 +  1024/0x70148CF9 RSA  es  Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au>

If I try to encrypt the message without signing, it comes up with the
prompt:
Enter keyID for bam@snoopy.apana.org.au:

but won't accept anything I type - I have to sign the message
as well for it to work.
[...]

--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>