Re: Good News Reader?

On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 11:11:37AM +1000,
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> wrote:
> Things I dislike about slrn:
> - poor support for MIME, and no support for PGP.

I know this doesn't help you now, but the author has stated that he will
add MIME support. As for PGP, see
http://www.ollie.clive.ia.us/jeff/python/anysign/ for a decent method of
signing messages from slrn. Unfortunately, that's the only pgp feature it
supports.

> - while messages that are marked are not immediately removed, I
> constantly get mixed up between the keystrokes required for mutt and
> slrn, and push q, intending the index of messages to fill the entire
> screen. Wrong! q in slrn goes back to the index of newgroups, hence I
> have to try and relocate articles that I accidently marked as read.

All keystrokes are configurable, so this shouldn't be a problem.
See /usr/doc/slrn/examples/slrn.rc.gz for examples.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"Man is a rope, tied between beast and overman--a rope over an abyss.
 A dangerous across, a dangerous on-the-way, a dangerous looking-back,
 a dangerous shuddering and stopping."
 --Friedrich Nietzsche