Re: gcc in potato

On Mon, Oct 18, 1999 at 22:26:13 -0400, Christopher J. Morrone wrote:
> gcc version 2.95.2 19990906 (prerelease)
>
> Seems to be pretty damn buggy.  There is a great store of code I have that
> compiled under the last one I used:
>
> gcc version egcs-2.91.66 Debian GNU/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
>
> That won't compile under the new one.

Which in no way implies the new gcc is buggy. The problem may very well be
your code.
Bug reports for gcc are welcome, but please make sure the problem is really
a gcc one, not one in your code.

> For instance, this assembly function won't compile under 2.95.2, but is
> fine under 2.91.66:

2.95.2 does a lot more checks relating to assembly; check out the
documentation that comes with it, or have a look at what the kernel folks
are doing.

HTH,
Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks