Does exim work with fetchmail?

I currently use smail which works well with fetchmail.

I thought I'd try exim since this is becoming standard in potato, but
although local mail works I can't get any mail via pop3 and fetchmail.
There's a fetchmail error message saying something like: "Can't even
send to ac" [my username}.  It seems to be an SMTP problem.

I imagine there's something I should change in /etc/exim.conf but the
things I've tried haven't worked.

Is anyone successfully using exim with fetchmail?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.pentelikon.freeserve.co.uk/bookreviews/

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)