Re: writting a Daemon in c

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Evan Moore wrote:

> I am writting a Daemon in c, I need to know how to disconnect the program
> from the terminal so that if that terminal is destoyed it will not cause
> my server to shutdown. I have done this with perl scripts, but can't not
> figure it out with c. Thanks in advance
>
> Evan.

man daemon

DAEMON(3)           Linux Programmer's Manual           DAEMON(3)

NAME
       daemon - run in the background

SYNOPSIS
       #include <unistd.h>

       int daemon (int nochdir, int noclose);

DESCRIPTION
       The  daemon()  function  is for programs wishing to detach
       themselves from the controlling terminal and  run  in  the
       background as system daemons.

that's from potato

OK