Re: problem: floppy access

"T.V.Gnanasekaran" wrote:

> > 1.44 MB ... then you have it in the kernel, if not, then you can seek
> > the module in /lib/modules/kernel.version.number/block/ if it's in, then
> > you can load it in with insmod command.
>
> dmesg | grep "fd0" shows:
> Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
That does seem to indicate that the kernel is recognizing /dev/fd0 as an
installed and working floppy module .

> 'ls /lib/modules/2.0.36/modules/' lists:
> linear.o  paride.o  raid0.o   raid1.o   raid5.o   xd.o
>
> So, it looks like the module is built into the kernel and there is no
> module
> in the name floppy!
>
> -gnana
Look in the file /etc/fstab ---is your floppy line set up to initilize
/dev/fd0 as /floppy. If not read the Debian man page for fstab. I think
this will clear up your problem.
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems