dvips -d 2400 How??? default printer does not support 2400dpi

greetings all,
I have read and searched and sighed...
but I can't find anything on how to get dvips to generate 2400dpi
output. I believe the fault lies with the default printer selection but
when I changed config.ps (for texmf?) it complains about mismatched mode
ljfour and 2400 even though I specified that it should use a 2400dpi
printer that I found in modes.mf , supre to be exact. Anyclues would be
greatly appreciated. Please cc me so I don't miss any replies in the
high traffic of this list.

Thanx All,

--
Frisco Rose             "By any other name, I would smell the same"
E.O.U. Student          rosef@eou.edu (541) 962-4026

Science Journal Ed.     scijou@scijou.eou.edu
EOU Hoke Center 307     (541) 962-3787
La Grande, OR. 97850