Re: dvips -d 2400 How??? default printer does not support 2400dpi

* esoR ocsirF <rosef@eou.edu> writes:

> but I can't find anything on how to get dvips to generate 2400dpi
> output. I believe the fault lies with the default printer selection but
> when I changed config.ps (for texmf?) it complains about mismatched mode
> ljfour and 2400 even though I specified that it should use a 2400dpi
> printer that I found in modes.mf , supre to be exact. Anyclues would be

Some random quotes that might help...

"Dvips has its own configuration files: a file `config.ps' for
sitewide defaults, and a file `config.PRINTER' for each printer (output
device).  Since these are site-specific, `make install' does not create
them; you must create them yourself." (from the info file)

" The simplest way to create a new configuration file is to copy and
modify the file `dvipsk/contrib/config.proto'[...]" (from the info file)
(This file isn´t on my system, but they give the contents in the info page.)

"P s Load config.$s" (from dvips --help)

Well, I´d guess you aren´t giving the new printer mode correctly.
Also consider asking on comp.text.tex.

Cheers,
  Colin

--