Re: Error installing 3COM driver

hi evan

i doon't think this 3c509B problem is unique to debian...

if I cannot get the box to recognize ( ping the outside world ) in
a couple minutes of installing and booting with the 3C509B...
i usually just stick in a tulip-based NIC and am up and about...
( some distro works...most don't for the  6+ diff distros, rh, suse, slack, cald, pht, etc.. )

my guess is there is some differences init that some  3C509B works
and others don't ???   if it don't work, than you need to get onto the net
and get the new 3com drivers....but you can't get on the net unless
you have either ppp or other mchines or other sources..

http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/index.html#fast
( main url is displayed on your bootup screen )

have fun
alvin