Re: kdevelop configuration (debian)

>>>"Stephen R. Gore" wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm trying to install kdevelop (kdevelop_1%3a1.0-19991009-1_i386.deb) on a
 > newly installed Debian potato box, and get the following:
 >
 > Setting up kdevelop (1.0-19991009-1) ...
 > cannot open dhelp file '/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdevelop/.dhelp': at /usr/sbin/install-docs line
     559.

 > I've tried both with and without dhelp installed (reference to .dhelp),
 > with no difference.
 >
 > All kdevelop's depends and suggests are present, except for sgmltools.
 >
 > Can anyone shed any light on this?

Are you sure /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdevelop/.dhelp exists?

The KDE packages currently install below /usr/share/doc/HTML/ which is no
good idea.  AFAIU dhelp_parse -r removes the tree /usr/share/doc/HTML
and rebuilds it from scratch with all .dhelp files in /usr/share/doc.
Result is that all KDE HTML docs vanish from time to time when packages
are upgraded.   This will be fixed in the kde packages in the near future.

Achim