Re: apache + cgi

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.991019003908.29966A-100000@casal.upc.es> you write:
>	Is there any way to limit the execution time/child processes of an
>CGI executed by apache?
>
>	I want apache to be able to run the following...
>
>void main(void)
>{
>while (1) {
>	fork()
>	}
>}

Perhaps you can set the ulimit manually (don't ask me how to do
this from C...).

>	And after too much time of CPU usage and/or child processes, kill
>'em all. :)
>
>	Any help available?
>
>ps: /etc/limits with user www-data doesn't work.

This is only read (AFAIK) by /bin/login. It doesn't even work for ssh
logins (I could be out-of-date now, with the increased usage PAM -
anyone know for certain?).

Another package you may want to look at is lshell. This will help fix
the problem with sshd, but I am not sure if it will work for your
situation.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>