Re: PCI Bus inquiry HP8130 , PCI eth0 set to irq0 ...Yup Zero that is

Phil Brutsche (pbrutsch@creighton.edu) wrote:

> Another possibility: this thing has so much proprietary hardware, and
> designed to work with Win9x so closely, you'd be fighting a lost cause to
> get anything but Win9x running.

I have Linux running on an HP Pavilion.  But I'm using it as a server;
I don't know what video card is in it (slink's SuperProbe couldn't tell),
so I only use the VGA16 X server, and usually I just use the console,
or telnet/rsh in.  It's supposed to have a modem, but I think it's a
WinModem, so I just used my external modem with it.  Haven't seriously
attempted to get sound to work on it....

But the parts of it I *do* use work just fine -- the serial port (external
modem), the hard drive, the CPU, and the network card I put in it....

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@kellnet.com             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.