Re: PCI Bus inquiry HP8130 , PCI eth0 set to irq0 ...Yup Zero that is

John D Smith (manager@alpnz.co.nz) wrote:

> Has anyone out thar, installed Linux onto a HP 8130, and if so, can they
> perhaps enlighten me as to how to tell the BIOS how to manually address a
> PCI network card.
> You will appreciate that a eth0 is a handy thing to have nowadays :-)

Is this an HP Pavilion?  If so, go into the BIOS (I think it's F1 when
the HP logo comes up...), and find the part that shows your installed
operating system.  It may have choices like "Win95", "Win98", "Other".
Select "Other".

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@kellnet.com             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.