nfs + setgid problem

Hello.

I have a workstation pool with the home dirs shared over NFS. The home dirs
are sgid by default in debian, so if a user creates a directory readable by
himself only, it becomes sgid too. (KDE's "Desktop" directory is an example
for that, it gets mode "rwx--S---".) The nfs server (I user knfs) however
cannot export these directories, they seem to be empty if I try to read them
from a NFS client.

It would be a solution to remove the sgid bit from the home directories, but
isn't there a way to tell knfs to export these files correctly?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Dietrich