Re: CDROM problem, solved? Yes, I think

Hi,

The "dselect" program will mount the CDROM for you.  I assume
you wish to get the "rest" of the debian SW on your machine and
that is why you wish to use the CDROM at the moment.

You can brave dselect now, chose the Multi-CD option in ACCESS.
When it asks you for the device, specify /dev/mcd for it.  It
will ask you a few questions about directories, but since you
have the CD, you should be able to hit RETURN for everything.

Then refer to my earlier post to brave dselect, but I REALLY
recommend getting more info on "deselect" if you get too
frustrated.

If you wish to see if the CDROM works first, execute that mount
command that was posted, or you may be able to get away with

mount /dev/mcd /mnt    (mounts the CD as /mnt)
ls /mnt                (lists the files in the top level directory)
df                     (shows you what is mounted)
umount /mnt            (unmounts the /mnt which is your CDROM now)

You may have to use "mount -t iso9660 /dev/mcd /mnt ro" or whatever
was contained the other post.  I'm sure you wrote it down or have it.

John